Norwood release new process to help customers determine if their requests for farm machinery support qualify as essential
Norwood are a government confirmed essential services provider. Under current government regulations, we remain available to support farmers, growers, contractors and those in other essential service industries with urgent parts and service support.
We have created a short set of questions for customers who are unsure about whether or not their request qualifies for urgent support.
Your form will be processed and passed on to your local Dealership team, who will then contact you with further information.
Complete the form by visiting this link - https://form.jotform.com/Etheridges/norwood-customer-essential-service
Norwood have received confirmation from the government that we are deemed an essential services provider. As such, Norwood parts and service staff will be providing essential parts and service support to New Zealand farmers.
Our primary focus is on ensuring the health and safety of our staff and that of our customers as we perform our tasks. To keep our employees, customers, and wider communities safe, Norwood has activated an Essential Services Policy.
All Norwood staff who are providing an essential service must read and agree to this policy prior to completing any essential work. The purpose of the policy is to provide Norwood staff with mandatory instructions on how to maintain health and safety standards for themselves, their families, their workmates, customers and the general public whilst performing or delivering an essential service. The policy is lengthy, but we wanted to share a handful of main points with our customers:
- The policy highlights the importance of only providing parts and service support that is essential for New Zealand farmers. Essential means that if we did not provide support, the farmer would not be able to continue to operate – to produce food and/or look after the health and wellbeing of their animals, or continue to deliver any of the other tasks deemed to be appropriate by the New Zealand Government.
- The policy outlines the health and safety expectations and requirements that all employees must follow to keep themselves and our customers safe, including in depth decontamination protocols
- The sales and installation of tractors and equipment are only permitted if the definition of essential services is met in full. This approval will only be given when there is a clear and compelling case that the farmer or grower has an immediate and critical need for the tractor or equipment.
We ask our customers to be mindful of the above. Our staff very much appreciate your understanding as we work hard to meet our ‘essential service provider’ obligations.
We are very mindful that routine service work is often scheduled during winter, and that during the shutdown period you may wish to schedule this work accordingly. We are scheduling routine service work according to the most recent Government advice regarding timing, and the assumed acceptance that routine work is a permissible business activity – presently from late April onwards (subject to change).
Updated 4.30pm, 27th March 2020
As per the latest update from government last night, Norwood parts and service support will remain open to food producers who have been deemed an essential services provider.
Entities providing essential services
|Primary Industries, including food and beverage production and processing||
|Transport and logistics||
Updated 24th March 2020
Following the government announcement this afternoon, we would like to provide customers with an update on what they can expect in the coming days and weeks.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and customers remains as our top priority. Followed closely is our unwavering commitment to do all we can to keep New Zealand farmers and growers moving.
In accordance with the new government restrictions, from Wednesday, all Norwood dealerships will be closed to the public. Our parts and service staff will remain operational nationwide at reduced capacity, ready to provide 24/7 back up support to food producers across New Zealand.
Food producers across all sectors (Agriculture, Horticulture and Viticulture) requiring urgent parts or service support can phone their local dealership. Contact information for each location can be found at https://www.norwood.co.nz/locations/.
Even if you are not an existing Norwood customer we will help if you ask us to. It’s part of our mission to Keep Farmers Moving, regardless of the brand of tractor or machinery you own.
Service technicians will continue to make on-farm visits for food producers requiring urgent break-down support. To keep them and our customers safe, we ask that customers:
- Avoid any physical contact, including hand shaking
- Maintain a 2-metre distance from staff
- Regularly use hand sanitiser and thorough hand-washing practices
- Cough into your elbow
Both our National Parts Warehouse and Ashburton Parts Warehouse remain operational for urgent requests. They are working at reduced capacity, and split shifts are being introduced to minimise staff contact. If you are a food producer and your parts request is urgent, we will get it to you. All our carriers, both inbound and outbound have been deemed as essential services and as such, we do not foresee any issues with freight at this stage.
All other Norwood staff who can work from home, are doing so.
We will continue to comply with all government policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and customers.
Please continue to check our website regularly for up to date information. We will try to minimise our use of broadcast emails so that you know when we email you, we think it is something of significant importance.
Updated 6pm, 23rd March 2020
Norwood are completing a business continuity exercise which will involve the temporary closure of our dealerships on Saturday 21st March. We will continue to offer our usual 24/7 support services to customers. Location specific contact details for your local dealership can be found at www.norwood.co.nz/locations or call 0800 NORWOOD.
Updated 20th March 2020
I would like to provide customers and communities with an update on what action Norwood is taking to prioritise the health and wellbeing of both staff and customers in response to the latest developments of COVID-19.
We are committed to providing Norwood customers, and all farmers, with first class sales, service and technical support to ensure they can continue to work the land. We are also committed to prioritising the health and wellbeing of all Norwood staff, New Zealand farmers and our communities.
Like many other New Zealand businesses, we’re being guided by the Ministry of Health who continue to provide up-to-date information on how to keep yourself and your families safe.
We are actively implementing preventative measures to keep our staff and customers safe. These measures include:
- Cancelling all domestic and international air travel for Norwood staff, unless in extraordinary circumstances.
- Ensuring any Norwood staff member who has returned from overseas travel since Monday 2nd March 2020 is in self-isolation for 14 days from the date that they departed the overseas destination.
- Withdrawing from all public events, including attending Central Districts Field Days and AgFest. If you were planning on visiting our site, our dealerships remain open and are available to assist with any enquiries you have or support you require.
- Encouraging the use of telephone or video calls where these can replace face-to-face meetings.
All Norwood dealerships are open for business and our 24/7 on call support remains available. You can reach your local dealership on 0800 NORWOOD or visit www.norwood.co.nz/locations for further contact information.
As this situation continues to develop, we will continue to keep you as informed as possible. For the latest updates on our response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), visit our website where we will be providing regular updates.
- ← Prev Post
- Next Post →