Diesel Mechanic / Service Technician - Gisborne
|Position:||Diesel Mechanic / Service Technician - Gisborne|
|Closing Date:||29 June, 2021|
- Work with a range of fantastic agricultural machinery
- Based at our Gisborne Dealership
- Immigration Accredited employer with a nationwide network of dealerships
- Competitive hourly rate plus phone, health insurance, time and a half for over 40 hours/week
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of a wide range of new and used farm machinery, we offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for servicing, diagnosing, and repairing tractors and farm machinery to a high standard, including mechanical, electrical and electronic aspects, using your technical and problem-solving prowess, and a variety of diagnostic and test equipment.
Norwood puts customer excellence at the front of everything we do. Our Service Technicians help prepare tractors and farm machinery for display and sale, carry out repairs on the customer site when required, respond to call-outs as required, supervise the work of apprentices, help with demonstrations, assist at agricultural shows and collaborate with colleagues to solve problems and complete repairs.
To be successful you will have
- Relevant trade qualification
- Demonstrated success diagnosing and repairing tractors and farm machinery
- Competent in the use of soldering, welding and gas cutting equipment
- Competent driving, using and demonstrating tractors and farm equipment (Full Driver Licence required)
- Excellent customer service and ability to deliver value
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Genuine and influential communication skills
In return, Norwood can offer you
- Competitive remuneration including free medical insurance
- Tools of the trade including a cell phone and laptop
- Staff purchasing benefits and company banking options
- Multiple career pathways within our nationwide dealership network or national support office
- The opportunity to be a part of a world class company with a secure future right here in New Zealand
If you want to be part of the future of New Zealand’s ag industry and make things happen, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more about this role.
To apply for this opportunity, please click here!