Field Service Technician
|Position:||Field Service Technician|
- Work on reputable, world class brands of tractors and farm machinery
- Receive exceptional support from our technical support team and ongoing training
- Competitive remuneration including work vehicle, phone, health insurance and paid overtime
When it comes to farm machinery, we’ve been the beating heart of rural New Zealand for 70 years. Norwood are proud to supply the world’s most trusted farm machinery brands, along with expertly trained staff to keep farmers moving when it matters most.
Our Christchurch dealership is currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician position and we’re on the hunt for people with drive and ambition, a great sense of humour, and ability to work in a dynamic environment where team work and communication are paramount. Ours is not a 8-5 industry, but it is one with loads of great people and plenty of opportunities.
This role will service and repair a wide range of agricultural and construction machinery such as tractors, balers, implements, excavators, ride on mowers and other machinery in the field. You may already be working in the field and looking to move to greener pastures, or you may currently be based in the workshop, but ready to progress out into the field.
You will be fully supported by our dedicated technical support team, ongoing training, and parts availability as we have the biggest agricultural parts warehouse in New Zealand. You will have initiative and confidence so are able to make things happen, and always aware that you are part of a team working together.
- Experience in the diagnosis and repair of agricultural machinery and/or construction equipment
- Knowledge in diesel engine structure and fuel systems
- Knowledge with hydraulic systems and electronic systems common to agricultural equipment
- Computer skills including the use of OEM diagnostic software
- Relevant trade qualification and/or experience
- An assurance that you take the time to listen and truly understand customer needs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive remuneration including free medical insurance
- Tools of the trade including a service van, cell phone and laptop
- Staff purchasing benefits and company banking options
- Multiple career pathways within our nationwide company
- A chance to work for a company who prides itself on community involvement
If you are ready to make a positive change, apply now!