Field Service Technician - Oamaru
|Position:||Field Service Technician - Oamaru|
|Closing Date:||01 June, 2022|
Are you a Qualified Diesel Mechanic with recent experience servicing and repairing tractors and agricultural machinery? Do you take a pride in your work and like to do a job well? If so, Norwood Oamaru would like you to become part of the team!
What Norwood can offer you:
- Competitive hourly rate including overtime, work vehicle, phone and laptop
- Free health insurance, staff purchasing and company banking benefits
- Opportunity to work with a wide range of world class agricultural machinery
- Immigration Accredited employer with a nationwide network of dealerships
- Multiple career pathways within our nationwide company
This is a chance to work for a Company who prides itself on community involvement and strives to Make it Happen and Keep Farmers Moving!
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
Oamaru is the largest town in North Otago with a population of 12,000 and is 80 km south Timaru.
A rural town, Oamaru boasts the country’s oldest public gardens, renowned Victorian architecture and is home to colonies of blue and yellow-eyed penguins. It provides a great lifestyle, close to the coast with plenty of activities to be enjoyed in the weekends.
Norwood are currently recruiting for a Qualified Diesel Mechanic with recent experience servicing and repairing tractors and agricultural machinery to fill the role of Field Service Technician. You would become part of our busy Norwood Oamaru's workshop and field service team which has a large and varied customer base. We are on the hunt for someone with heaps of drive, ambition, a positive outlook, a great sense of humour and excellent communication skills; a genuine passion for agricultural machinery and a fortitude to do the job right and provide exceptional service and solutions to our customers.
This role provides you with a great opportunity to service, diagnose, and repair a wide range of machinery such as tractors, balers, forager harvesters, cultivators, spreaders, diggers and more. Working on world class brands such as New Holland, Kubota, Vaderstad, Horsch and Pichon to name a few. You will be fully supported by our dedicated technical support team, ongoing training, and parts availability as Norwood has the biggest agricultural Parts Warehouse in New Zealand.
These are the key factors we see to succeeding in this role:
- Recent experience with the diagnosis, service and repair of tractors and agricultural / construction machinery
- Knowledge in diesel engine structure and fuel systems
- Knowledge with hydraulic systems and electronic systems
- Computer skills including the use of OEM diagnostic software
- Relevant trade qualification and/or experience
- Excellent work ethic - determined to deliver both a timely and high standard of service and repairs to our customers
If you have a bold and encouraging personality and want to be part of a company that enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: Applications will be short listed as they arrive, so please apply now!