Heavy Diesel Service Technician - Gisborne
|Position:||Heavy Diesel Service Technician - Gisborne|
|Closing Date:||07 February, 2022|
- Work with a range of fantastic agricultural machinery
- Immigration Accredited employer with a nationwide network of dealerships
- Very competitive hourly rate plus free health insurance and time and a half for over 40 hours/week
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of a wide range of new and used farm machinery, we offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for servicing, diagnosing, and repairing tractors and farm machinery to a high standard, including mechanical, electrical and electronic aspects, using your technical and problem-solving prowess, and a variety of diagnostic and test equipment.
Norwood puts customer excellence at the front of everything we do. Our Service Technicians help prepare tractors and farm machinery for display and sale, carry out repairs on the customer site when required, respond to call-outs as required, supervise the work of apprentices, help with demonstrations, assist at agricultural shows and collaborate with colleagues to solve problems and complete repairs.
To be successful you will have
- Relevant heavy diesel trade qualification
- Demonstrated success diagnosing and repairing tractors and farm machinery
- Competent in the use of soldering, welding and gas cutting equipment
- Competent driving, using and demonstrating tractors and farm equipment (Full Driver Licence required)
- Excellent customer service and ability to deliver value
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
In return, Norwood can offer you
- Competitive hourly rate including free medical insurance and overtime
- Tools of the trade vehicle, cell phone, and laptop (for field based roles)
- Flexible working options such as 4 day week or 9 day fortnight
- Relocation assistance and temporary accommodation to candidates outside of Gisborne
- Full uniform and PPE supplied
- Staff purchasing benefits and company banking options
- Multiple career pathways within our nationwide dealership network or national support office
- The opportunity to be a part of a world class company with a secure future right here in New Zealand
If you want to be part of the future of New Zealand’s ag industry and make things happen, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com with the title Service Technician Gisborne in the Subject line if you would like to know more about this role.