Region Manager - Christchurch or Dunedin
|Position:||Region Manager - Christchurch or Dunedin|
|Closing Date:||17 December, 2021|
- Competitive remuneration package including benefits and company vehicle
- Flexible working opportunity across geographically diverse business units
- Strategic and operational leadership position with a growth focus
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best-known names in New Zealand agriculture today. We exist to keep farmers moving. We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of farm machinery and service support, providing industry leading advice and solutions to help our farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
About the role
Reporting directly into the Executive Leader Customer Relationships, the Region Manager is one of the most senior positions in Norwood. This is a true leadership role linking strategy and operational excellence to deliver customer value and commercial success.
Norwood Region Managers lead Dealerships which serve agricultural customers across a geographic region. Agriculture is a rapidly evolving and exciting sector and you will be a key player in making Norwood fit for the customer of today and of the future.
This role is to manage Region Four which includes; Christchurch, Ashburton, Timaru, Oamaru, Westport, Greymouth, Mosgiel and Cromwell. As well as sheep, beef and dairy, this region is home to some of the largest cropping operations in the country, along with interesting developments in stone fruit and viticulture down in Otago.
You will be the link between the market and the strategic objectives of the company while you are motivating a team of people leaders across the region.
The Region Manager’s ‘first team’ includes three other Region Managers, Product and Marketing leaders. This team works closely together to strengthen the product and service offering to meet and exceed the needs of customers across our 25 locations the length and breadth of New Zealand.
What you’ll bring
- Experience developing managers and leaders
- Experience growing, leading and motivating teams
- The skills required to manage a distributed workforce
- Familiarity analysing different dimensions of business performance – including financial, business operations and customer and staff satisfaction
- Change management and project management experience
What Norwood can offer you
- An attractive remuneration package
- Additional benefits such as a company vehicle and medical insurance
- A flexible approach to working and the freedom to choose where you work from
- The opportunity to travel at your discretion to the Dealerships within your region
Think we’re all about tractors? Think again. We’re a forward-thinking company with big ambitions to keep farmers moving now and into the future. While having an agricultural business background would be useful, it’s not essential.
While travel is essential for this role, the preference is for the Region Manager to be based in either Christchurch or Dunedin.
For more information about this opportunity, please email email@example.com with the title Region Manager (Four) in the Subject line.
Applications for this role close on Friday 17 December but will be considered as they come in. If you are interested in this position, please apply now.
Please note: Only applications from candidates eligible to live and work in New Zealand can be considered for this role. Please make your formal application through the SEEK platform.