Service Technician - Gisborne
|Position:||Service Technician - Gisborne|
|Closing Date:||29 September, 2021|
- Are you a light vehicle or petrol technician looking for a career change where no two days are the same?
- Gain a new qualification in a trade that is in high demand globally
- Competitive hourly rate, overtime for hours over 40/week and amazing future earning potential
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best-known names in New Zealand agriculture today.
We’re New Zealand’s leading supplier of a wide range of new and used farm machinery, we offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
The Gisborne region has diverse physical environments that enable a wide range of primary industries, and here you will find the home of some of the most well-known agricultural brands in the world, New Holland, Braud, Vaderstad and Horsch to name a few.
This is your chance to join the Norwood team here in Gisborne and enjoy and love the area like we do. We are seeking a Service Technician to service and repair agricultural and construction machinery such as tractors, combine harvesters, balers, implements, excavators, cultivation, lawn care and other machines. We have a busy workshop and a large list of customers with a diverse range of machinery, so if you are after a role where no two days are the same and you are constantly learning about new equipment and technologies then this could be for you!
If you are currently working as a light vehicle or petrol Service Technician and looking for a change in direction, we will support you to study towards achieving your NZ Certificate in Heavy Automotive Engineering – Agricultural Equipment (Level 4) whilst working full time. Due to the current ongoing shortage of skilled diesel technicians in New Zealand and globally, upon completion of your Level 4 you will be a qualified tradesperson in a secure, skill short industry with excellent remuneration opportunities.
To be successful you will need:
- National or New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Engineering – Level 4 or equivalent
- An interest in the agricultural industry and commitment to studying towards a new qualification whilst working full time
- A valid NZ Class 1 Licence (as a minimum)
- High attention to detail, strong verbal communication skills and good understanding of operating procedures
- Technical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
In return, Norwood will give you:
- Up to two years of on-the-job paid training whilst you complete your learning
- Great hourly rate, overtime and guaranteed remuneration increase once you are qualified
- Nationally and internationally recognised NZQA qualification
- Location opportunities throughout New Zealand
- Multiple career pathway options in a global industry with a secure future
- Free medical insurance
- Trade prices for automotive parts
How to apply:
If you have a particular interest in the agricultural industry and are committed to a new career with Norwood, please apply online now!
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to know any more about this opportunity.
To apply for this opportunity now, please click here.
Please note: only applications received from candidates eligible to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.