Service Technician - Pukekohe
|Position:||Service Technician - Pukekohe|
|Closing Date:||01 June, 2022|
Are you a Qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years agricultural machinery experience? Do you take a pride in your work and like to do a job well? If so, Norwood Pukekohe would like you to become part of the team!
What Norwood can offer you:
- Workshop based role
- Competitive hourly rate, overtime and a friendly team in the workshop
- Free health insurance, staff purchasing and company banking benefits
- Multiple career pathways within our nationwide company
- Opportunity to work with a wide range of world class agricultural machinery
- Immigration Accredited employer with a nationwide network of Dealerships
A chance to work for a Company who prides itself on community involvement and strives to Make it Happen and Keep Farmers Moving!
Norwood has partnered with rural communities for over 70 years, and we’ve grown to be one of the best known names in New Zealand agriculture today. We offer service and support to keep farmers moving, and we strive to provide industry leading solutions to help NZ farmers and growers take their premium produce to the world.
Pukekohe, although sometimes thought of as a suburb of Auckland, is actually a large, self-contained country town that is always buzzing with activity and has everything the local farming and horticultural community needs. It’s also a major centre for equestrian and motorsport events. The annual V8 International Supercar event, part of a championship series, is held annually at Pukekohe Park Raceway (with the exception of the past two years due to Covid) and will restart again in September 2022.
Norwood are currently recruiting for a Qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years agricultural machinery experience to fill the role of Service Technician. You would become part of our busy Norwood Pukekohe workshop team which has a large and varied customer base. We are on the hunt for someone with heaps of drive and ambition, a passion for agricultural machinery, a great sense of humour, excellent communication skills and a genuine desire to Keep Farmers Moving.
This role provides you with a great opportunity to service, diagnose, and repair a wide range of machinery such as tractors, balers, forager harvesters, cultivators, spreaders, diggers and more. Working on world class brands such as New Holland, Kubota, Vaderstad, Horsch and Pichon to name a few. You will be fully supported by our dedicated technical support team, ongoing training, and parts availability as Norwood has the biggest agricultural Parts Warehouse in New Zealand.
We see these skills as key factors to succeeding in this role:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the diagnosis, service and repair of tractors and agricultural machinery
- Knowledge in diesel engine structure and fuel systems
- Knowledge with hydraulic systems and electronic systems
- Computer skills including the use of OEM diagnostic software
- Relevant trade qualification and/or experience
- Excellent work ethic - determined to deliver both a timely and high standard of service and repairs to our customers
If you have a bold and encouraging personality and want to be part of a company that enables New Zealand’s farmers and land-based industries to build a better future for themselves and New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you!
Please click Apply Now if you are interested in this opportunity.